Junior Achievement prides itself on its corporate volunteer program. Corporate volunteers help Junior Achievement reach out to schools around Northern Alberta on both large and small scales.
What’s in it for Corporations?
- Your corporation will be impacting the life and education of hundreds of students within Edmonton and the surrounding area.
- Volunteering as a corporation provides a unique experience for team building.
- Meaningful stakeholder-centric recognition programs.
- Association with Junior Achievement helps build and/or maintain a positive corporate reputation.
What does the Corporate Volunteer experience look like?
- JA volunteers will have the unique opportunity to support Junior Achievement by delivering programs focusing on financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship to classes within Edmonton and the surrounding area.
- Corporate volunteers will sign up with their coworkers in groups to deliver programs on the same date and time. They can choose to deliver programs on their own or as part of a team.
- Junior Achievement staff will provide training to all volunteers prior to program delivery.
- All classes will be supervised by homeroom teachers.
What is the required commitment in terms of time and people?
- Each program requires approximately 6 hours (including preparation and delivery time).
- Corporate partners are free to choose how large of a volunteer commitment they would like to make; however, we recommend that a minimum of three volunteers be available when entering into a partnership with Junior Achievement.
- We ask that each of our corporate partners commit to at least one morning per year for program delivery.
- There is no restriction set on how large of a commitment a partner would like to make. We do ask; however, that each corporation be willing to dedicate at least one morning per year to deliver programs.
What does training look like?
- Program training will be held at your office. Junior Achievement staff will work with you to find a date and time that works for your team.
- Junior Achievement staff members will provide a step-by-step walkthrough of the programs that you have selected.
- All materials will be provided to you by Junior Achievement. No shipping charges will apply.
- Training sessions range from 1-1.5 hours in length with time for question and answer periods.
If you are interested in this unique volunteer experience or would like more information, please contact our Program Manager Mr. Randy Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (780) 428-1421 ext. 229.