We are holding a Casino Fundraiser on Thursday, January 19th and Friday, January 20th, 2017 at the Starlight Edmonton in West Edmonton Mall and are currently looking for volunteers!
General Manager 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Day Banker 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Cashier 1 9:30 am – 7:15 pm
Cashier 2 11:30 am – 7:15 pm
Chip Runner 1 9:30 am – 7:15 pm
Chip Runner 2 11:30 am – 7:15 pm
General Manager 6:15 pm – 4:00 am
Evening Banker 6:15 pm – 4:00 am
Cashier 3 6:30 pm – 3:15 am
Cashier 4 6:30 pm – 3:15 am
Chip Runner 3 6:30 pm – 3:15 am
Chip Runner 4 6:30 pm – 3:15 am
COUNTROOM 6 POSITIONS 10:30 pm – 3:30 am
Volunteer Position Descriptions
General Manager or Alternate General Manager
The role of the general manager is to supervise all aspects of the casino, ensuring the casino is conducted according to CTCOG. The general manager works closely with the casino facility games manager, and alternate general manager who assumes duties in the absence of the general manager.
The role of the banker is to supervise the cash cage. This includes documenting all cash cage transactions, ensuring the security of the chips and cash in the cash cage, and holding the cashiers accountable for the chips and cash they manage while on duty. The banker reports to the general manager and is responsible for cashiers and chip runners.
The cashier’s role is similar to a bank teller’s. The cashier interacts directly with casino players. Any transactions over $200 must be witnessed by the general manager, banker or cash cage advisor. The cashier reports to the banker and works with the general manager, banker, financial control supervisor, advisor, and casino players.
The chip runner opens and closes tables, delivers chip fills from the banker to game tables, delivers credits from game tables to the banker and may assist the general manager with other duties. The chip runner reports to the banker and works with the general manager and gaming table personnel.
Count Room Supervisor
The count room supervisor is responsible for all count room staff and procedures. The count room supervisor reports to the general manager, and works with the general manager and banker. This position is responsible for the sorters, counters and amalgamator.
Count room volunteers take on one of four possible jobs:
1. Sorter: Sorts all cash or chips by denomination
2. Counter: Counts the sorted cash or chips, by denomination
3. Recorder: Records the number of bills, coins, and chips counted
4. Amalgamator: Verifies the cash or chips counted and groups them into bundles and summarizes the cash and chips with the count room supervisor
General Requirements for Casino Volunteers
• possess picture identification at all times during the casino event;
• competent in handling money;
• able to hear, see, speak or have an attendant with these capabilities;
• alert and observant;
• able to manoeuvre in the casino facility for the duration of the shift;
• able to function in a noisy environment;
• able to use CasinoTrack system for certain positions;
• able to pass a security clearance check;
• be a minimum of 18 years of age.
If you are available and/or have questions, please email Britni at email@example.com.