By the end of the program, students will learn how their choices can positively impact their future dreams and outcomes. This will help them set goals, seize opportunities, and create a future that fuels their passions.
For many students, the transition from high school to post-secondary education or employment can be overwhelming. Students often feel that their high-school experiences haven’t adequately prepared them to meet the demands of university, a career, or living on their own.
In Economics for Success, students take a closer look at the advantages of staying in school, as well as learn what’s needed to succeed in today’s workforce. Volunteers from the local business community partner with classroom teachers to help students see the link between education and achieving their goals. A third-party study found that over 65% of past Achievers credit JA with their decision to stay in school and enrol in post-secondary education, 75% believe JA had a significant impact on their financial-literacy, decision-making skills, and business sense.
Inspiring Students to Stay in School and Plan for Success
n this in-class program, students use games and multimedia to:
- Learn why it’s important to stay in school and explore post-secondary destinations
- Gain an understanding of life after high school; map interests, skills, and passions to career options
- Create a budget and consider the financial reality of post-secondary life
- Learn how to network, identify a mentor, and create a strong personal brand
- Develop and implement strategies to help achieve goals
- Students use the “Keep Your Balance” online tool to see how their lifestyle choices impact their budget and the environment.
Program sponsored by