Students are often taught that success means “getting a good job” after graduation. Many are not aware that launching a business is a viable career option that can bring them amazing opportunities.
However, starting a business is not a career option that most children are encouraged to consider. In JA’s Our Business World program, elementary students explore how businesses are created and what makes them thrive. Using games and multimedia, students learn about innovation, start-ups and self-employment.
Inspiring Students to Become Canada’s Next Entrepreneurs
Volunteers from local businesses provide students with a first-hand look at how a business supports the community. During this interactive, in-class program students will:
- Learn why businesses are created and how they adapt to change
- Explore where customers come from and how to keep them
- Discuss how businesses impact the community and the environment
- Learn the history of some Canadian businesses and how they’ve changed over time
- Understand the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship
By the end of this program, students will see the power of the entrepreneurial spirit in Canada. This will inspire them to ask, “Do I have what it takes to become an entrepreneur?”