Personal Finance is a financial literacy subject for high-schoolers. Students will learn important money management skills, including key elements of personal finance such as: spending wisely, budgeting, saving, investing, and using credit.
Personal Finance teaches students personal money management skills, which include spending wisely, budgeting, saving, investing, and using credit. By the end of the program, students will have a personal finance plan and clear goals for their financial security.
In this interactive program, students will:
- Recognize the role income plays in personal finances
- Discover the importance of planning their financial decisions
- Identify high-dollar items and unexpected costs that require savings
- Learn the importance of making and keeping a spending plan
- Consider the types of expenditures that might go into a monthly budget
- Express the need to make good credit decisions to avoid costly consequences
- Assess potential risks to their personal finances
- Learn preventative methods to limit potential losses
Level: Grade 10-12
Commitment: 2-3 hours
Program Format: Teacher-led
Languages: English & French
Leadership, Management, Marketing, Finance, CALM, CTS
Want this program in your classroom?